Scabbard/sword belt set for a type XI sword forged by Gaël Fabre.
For this scabbard, I was largely inspired by the one kept by the museum of the diocese of Bamberg in Germany and dated around 1200.
Nevertheless, my adaptation presents some differences from the original model while drawing inspiration from historical sources of the same period.
- Custom-made core of a lime wood scabbard
- White leather cover (alum tanned) glued, sewn and waxed
- The painted pattern is based on pigments and iron gall ink.
- White leather sword belt (alum tanned)
- Custom-made chape in mild steel (Model inspired by the bouterolle of the "St Maurice de Turin" scabbard)