Scabbard/sword belt set for a type XII sword forged by Gaël Fabre
At the request of my client, I tried to reproduce as closely as possible the aesthetics of a scabbard visible in Maciejowski's Bible (see folio 13 and photos in situation).
- Custom-made scabbard core made of lime wood assembled with bone glue.
- Linen middle layer + bone glue
- Vegetable-tanned leather cover, sewn. Walnut stain
- Alum-tanned leather sword belt
- Bronze Buckles (Buckles 1250-1800. Ross Whitehead, page 19, No.52-60)
- Custom-made brass chape